HSBC says it's worried that UK might leave EU. So threatens to move HQ to Asia. Can anyone explain logic of that?— Andrew Neil (@afneil) April 24, 2015
Corbyn Backs Investigations Into British Troops
9 minutes ago
Well worth reading in full.As he put it towards the end of his premiership: ‘The British people are sensible enough to know that, even if they have a certain prejudice about Europe, they don’t expect their government necessarily to share it or act upon it.’Got that? You may want something; but you secretly yearn for politicians who will ignore you. There is the authentic voice of the Euro-integrationist: smug, vain and wrong.
3. Will foreign spouses of "jihad brides" be able to settle in the United Kingdom/become eligible for British citzenship through the various "family (re)unification" channels, or similar?2. Will children born abroad to "jihad brides" be able to settle in the United Kingdom/become eligible for British citizenship?1. Will such women be free to return to the United Kingdom whenever they please, without penalty?I would like to know the following:One of them posted a picture on Twitter of her toddler holding a Kalashnikov, describing him as "my mini mujahid". According to the Daily Mail, the father is a Swedish-born ISIS fighter: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/In recent weeks, the press have reported on "scores" of women holding British citizenship travelling to the Middle Meast, to marry fighters for groups such as ISIS.Dear Sir/Madam,re: Freedom of Information Request
news/article-2699084/Pictured- Smiling-British-toddler- posing-assault-rifle-tweet- sent-Jihadist-mother-quit- London-Syria-ISIS-fighter- husband.html
4. Will the authorities be unable to prevent entry into the United Kingdom of foreign jihadists such as the one mentioned in the above Daily Mail article, by virtue of their having EU/EEA citzenship?5. Will the authorities be unable to deport the children and/or partners of "jihad brides" who do travel to the United Kingdom, owing to the "Right to a Family Life" and related legal provisions?Yours faithfully,
|Horatio Chapple planned to follow|
his parents into medicine
"Horatio Chapple, an Eton pupil, was killed by a polar bear in 2011 while on an adventure holiday. ... Troublemaker has long supported campaigning for the environment. Now we have another reason to save the polar bears."
|The EU jobs myth has been|
debunked time after time
The duty-free lobby estimates that up to 100,000 jobs will be lost at ports and airports and amongst airline and ferry staff - with 30,000 jobs at risk in the UK alone. A spokeswoman for Luton airport in Bedfordshire called the decision "a major blow", arguing that 11% of the airport's total income came from duty-free. "This is likely to lead to higher costs for travel and it could hit jobs in the travel industry", she added. British Airways warned the abolition could translate into increased landing charges for airlines by about 15%.
|Hovercraft Swift meets her end at|
the breaker's yard
The structures that made the City prosperous — a stable political environment, the rule of law, a measure of self-government — existed centuries before the EU was ever thought of.
|The black banner of al-Qaeda flies over rebel-controlled Raqqa|
|Fighters for the National Army of Cyrenaica, which|
declared autonomy from Tripoli unilaterally this March
|North Korean rallies have always been|
more Red Square than Third Reich
Many see North Korea as a communist state. One year ago, [portraits of] Marx and Lenin still had pride of place [in Pyongyang's main square]. But this year, on our trip, they've gone. ... So what sort of system is this?
|The Dear Leader's true role models came from |
places closer to home than Austria
[T]he form of our government should ... be fitted to the specific conditions of our country. Does our people's power have exactly the same form as in other socialist countries? No, it does not. They are alike in that they are based on Marxist-Leninist principles, but their forms are different. ... Many comrades swallow Marxism-Leninism whole, instead of digesting and assimilating it. It is therefore self-evident that they are unable to display revolutionary initiative. ... Marxism-Leninism is not a dogma, it is a guide to action and a creative theory. So, Marxism-Leninism can display its indestructible vitality only when it is applied creatively to suit the specific conditions of each country.
BNP: the patriotic labour party your greatgrandparents voted for!
— Nick Griffin MEP (@nickgriffinmep) November 4, 2012
|What happened to that "innate sense of compassion"?|
|"Everything you need to celebrate the big day!"|
I suspect Osborne views public sector workers and benefit claimants in much the same way as I view livestock.
[H]ave you even met any Tories? They're like a cross between Fagin & Goebbels...
I don't belong to any party, but i can draw real comparison between Conservatives & Nazi's [sic].
"The idea that Conservatives want to take Britain back to a world of the Victorian workhouse ..." is absolutely correct.
[L]etting miners starve and hunger strikers die plus systematically decimating the working class doesn't quite compete with a bit of saliva on your blue rosette. [This in reference to Mr Montgomerie describing how a Labour activist spat in his face during the '92 election campaign.] No matter how many doors you open or how politely you eat your fucking soup.
I have always found [Conservatives] to be nasty, selfish, lying, despicable, evil, grasping, ignorant, duplicitous wastes of oxygen.
If the disgusting morons in the Tory party don't want people to think they take pleasure in stamping on the hopes of decent folk maybe they shopuld stop looking as if they're enjoying it all quite so much and start apologising for their rich city scumbag masters.
The Tories have opposed every progressive policy that sought to relieve the plight of the poor. If the Tories had their way we’d still have children working down the mines. ... Tories are only happy if they have some poor clod to look down upon and whom they can treat like shit. ... Tories are spivs by definition and are ruled by the motto - "I'm all right Jack - fuck you.
Genuinely delighted that people are actually toasting the news. Your pics are making my life #Thatcherisdead
— Amy Blacklock (@LpoolCityGirl) April 8, 2013
Just seen Maggie Thatcher's grave. Quite nice, but the dancefloor could of been bigger #dingdongthewitchisdead
— Paul Dean (@PaulDeanKop) April 9, 2013
The Thatcher in Hell Daily is out! paper.li/Thatcher_inHel… ▸ Top stories today via @lisybabe @labourleft
— Thatcher in Hell (@Thatcher_inHell) April 8, 2013
Comrades! The insurrection of five kulak districts should be pitilessly suppressed. The interests of the whole revolution require this because 'the last decisive battle' with the kulaks is now under way everywhere. An example must be demonstrated.
- 1. Hang (and make sure that the hanging takes place in full view of the people) no fewer than one hundred known landlords, rich men, bloodsuckers.
- 2. Publish their names.
- 3. Seize all their grain from them.
- 4. Designate hostages in accordance with yesterday's telegram.
- Do it in such a fashion that for hundreds of kilometres around the people might see, tremble, know, shout: "they are strangling, and will strangle to death, the bloodsucking kulaks".
Telegraph receipt and implementation.
Find some truly hard people
|"I'm having a drink to it right now."|